Cricket fans in the Northern Districts Cricket Association region will not have to travel far to enjoy top international cricket this coming season.
Seddon Park (Hamilton), Cobham Oval (Whangarei) and the Bay Oval (Mt Maunganui) will collectively host the BLACKCAPS 8 times in their home summer schedule for 2017-2018.
The international season at Seddon Park starts with a Test match against The West Indies in December, followed by an ODI against Pakistan during January, and finishes with England appearing for a Tri-Series T20 match and an ODI in February. Bay Oval will make use of their soon to be installed lights with 3 night T20’s awarded over the summer. Whangarei will enjoy international action with the West Indies playing their first ODI at Cobham Oval against the BLACKCAPS shortly before Christmas.
Northern Districts Marketing and Brand manager Andrea Friar is very happy with the allocation saying “We are really pleased with the variety of top quality cricket that New Zealand Cricket have allocated to our association this summer. Our grounds are well known for their intimate viewing and creating a special atmosphere for spectators – whether you are in our hospitality zone or on a blanket on the grass embankment. We are looking forward to hosting the fans and the players during the season.”
Tickets for the internationals will be on sale for My BLACKCAPS members from 4th September.
BLACKCAPS International Schedule at Northern Districts Cricket Venues:
- Saturday 9th December – 13th December, BLACKCAPS vs West Indies, 2nd Test (11am)
- Tuesday 16th January – BLACKCAPS vs Pakistan, 4th ODI (2pm)
- Sunday 18th February, BLACKCAPS vs England, T20 (7pm)
- Sunday 25th February, BLACKCAPS vs England, 1st ODI (2pm)
- Monday 1st January – BLACKCAPS vs West Indies, 2nd T20 (7pm)
- Wednesday 3rd January – BLACKCAPS vs West Indies, 3rd T20 (7pm)
- Sunday 28th January – BLACKCAPS vs Pakistan, 3rd T20 (7pm)
- Wednesday 20th December – BLACKCAPS vs West Indies, 1st ODI (11am)
For a full schedule visit www.nzc.nz